Thank you for your interest, the application period is now closed. Applicants moving forward in the process will be contacted by our team.
Inkinen is assisting Ho’ōla Nā Pua with their search for an Executive Director.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Ho`ōla Nā Pua, meaning “New Life for Our Children,” was founded to shine light onto the dark criminal enterprise of sex trafficking, placing the health of Hawaii’s youth at the center of its mission and vision for Hawaii. HNP represents a path to a bright future for youth who have been victims of sexual exploitation and trafficking.
Committed to the prevention of sex trafficking while providing care for children who have been exploited, Ho’ōla Nā Pua (HNP) is dedicated to creating a community where children are safe and empowered to embrace their bright futures. Today, HNP offers integrated prevention programming serving thousands of youths, community members, stakeholders and government throughout the State of Hawaii.
Existing systems (foster care, criminal justice, schools, and healthcare providers) have interacted with exploited children without recognizing the complexity of their experiences. HNP’s prevention programs engage advocates, mentors, service providers, health and mental health care providers, law enforcement, legislators, prosecutors, educators, and the commercial sector to help identify, intervene, and treat.
With the opening of The Bromley Family Pearl Haven Campus in 2021, HNP brought a world-class special treatment facility for youth who have experienced complex trauma as a result of sexual exploitation or trafficking. Pearl Haven provides a restorative experience, using a comprehensive treatment model to promote sustained healing, recovery, personal success, and reintegration.
Through collaboration and partnerships, Ho’ōla Nā Pua is building a comprehensive and sustainable response to the issue of sex trafficking and exploitation. This includes a continuum of care that promotes prevention, intervention, empowerment, health, and recovery.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Ho`ōla Nā Pua’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. The ED will have a deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans, working collaboratively with the Board of Directors in leading the transformation of HNP from its current stage to a fully developed organization capable of delivering on its long-term vision. Specifically, the ED will ensure that Ho`ōla Nā Pua’s finances, operations, fundraising, marketing, human resources, technology, and programmatic strategies are effectively implemented across all divisions of the organization.
The Executive Director is responsible for the following:
- Strategic Vision and Leadership
- Fundraising and Development
- Program Development
- Planning and Development
The desirable qualities and characteristics of the Executive Director should include:
- 5+ years executive management, with proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advanced Health Services, or related field.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams; set and achieve strategic objectives; and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a board of directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Strong marketing, public relations, business development, and fundraising acumen with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to organizational planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.