Inkinen is assisting Kamehameha Schools Trustee Screening Committee with their search.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
We champion every Hawaiian learner to explore their potential to lead our lāhui and inspire the world. Hānai i ke keiki, ola ka lāhui. Nurture the child and the lāhui thrives.
The enduring legacy of a princess who had a deep desire to see her people flourish continues to transform the lives of countless keiki. Ke Ali‘i Bernice Pauahi Bishop recognized the power of education to uplift Native Hawaiians and offer hope for their future.
By operating world-class Hawaiian schools and engaging with communities to transform educational systems, we will raise ‘ōiwi leaders who are empowered and unified, and who will solve the issues of our people and communities.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
In accordance with the 1999 Master’s Report on the procedure for selection of trustees, the Screening Committee is now seeking active leaders from the community with a deep sense of commitment and willingness to carry Princess Bernice Pauahi Bishop’s vision and legacy into the future.
The desirable qualities and characteristics of a trustee should include:
- A recognized reputation of integrity and good character
- The capacity to fulfill the responsibilities of a fiduciary under trust law
- Respect from and for the community
- Consistent and active leadership in the community at large with specific emphasis on issues that impact the well-being of the Hawai‘i people
- A willingness and sincerity to uphold the purposes of the Kamehameha Schools as stated in Pauahi’s Will and Codicils
The optimal candidate would have:
- A history of success in business, finance or related areas
- Received a formal education
- Outstanding personal traits including Hawaiian values such as pono (to be moral and proper), ‘imi ‘ike (to seek knowledge), laulima (to work cooperatively), lokomaika‘i (to share), na‘au pono (to possess a deep sense of justice), mālama (to care for each other), and ha‘aha‘a (to be humble)
Candidates must possess expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Business Administration: to include knowledge, skills and prior successful experience in managing a large corporation;
- Finance and Investment: to include management of land and monetary assets of a multi-million dollar corporation;
- Strategic Planning and Policy Setting: to include responsibility for administering the affairs and/or setting policies for the direction and management of a large corporation or educational institution; or
- General areas of interest to Kamehameha Schools including education, law, finance or especially relevant background in governance.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following, addressed to Trustee Screening Committee, c/o Inkinen Executive Search, via email to email@example.com by September 30, 2021:
- Cover Letter
- Statement defining your perception of the role of a Trustee; your vision, goals, and objectives for the Trust Estate; and what you would do to attain these goals
Please note that this is a public search process. Three (3) candidates will progress to the finalist stage. The names of the finalists will be posted for public comment.