Court-Appointed Special Masters Seeking Comment on Kamehameha Schools Trustee Selection Process and Trustee Terms
by Inkinen | May 12, 2023
The Hawai‘i State Probate Court has appointed Benjamin M. Matsubara, Eric H. Sonnenberg, and Caycie Kahiau Gusman Wong as Special Masters to examine and report on the Trustees’ Petition for Review of Trustee Selection Process and Trustee Terms, filed May 10, 2022, by the Trustees of the Estate of Bernice Pauahi Bishop dba Kamehameha Schools.
In reporting on the subject of the Petition, the Special Masters request comments and recommendations from the public regarding the current Trustee Selection Process and Trustee Terms (www.inkinen.com/KS-trustee). Please include your reasons in support of any comments and/or recommendations, and attach any supporting documents that are referenced.
The Special Masters will treat all information submitted for consideration as confidential and will not attribute the information in any public report to the person who submitted it unless reasonably necessary or required by law. Consequently, comments that do not include the name and contact information of the person who submitted the information will not be accepted and reviewed. This will help to ensure that the Special Masters have a person to contact to validate information and to seek clarification or additional information regarding submitted comments as may be necessary.
Comments are due by Friday, July 14, 2023.
- Comments should include the sender’s name and contact information. Please do not abbreviate names (for example, J. Doe or Jane D.).
- Anonymous comments will not be accepted.
Comments may be submitted by:
- Email to: KStrustee@inkinen.com
- Mail to: Special Masters, c/o Inkinen Executive Search, 1003 Bishop Street, Suite 1477, Honolulu, HI 96813. Must be postmarked or hand delivered by July 14, 2023.
- Exhibit A (page 7): Order Granting Petition for the Establishment of a Procedure for Selection of Future Trustees
- Exhibit B (page 33): Master’s Report on the Petition for the Establishment of a Procedure for Selection of Trustees (pages 68-70: The Selection Process)
- Exhibit C (page 90): Stipulation to Approve Trustees Rotation Off and On the Board of Trustees
- Exhibit D (page 99): Stipulation to Modify Current Trustees Rotation Off and On the Board of Trustees
The Special Masters are being assisted by Inkinen Executive Search.