The Probate Court has appointed a Trustee Screening Committee to nominate three candidates from whom the Court will select one Trustee to fill the expired term of Trustee Micah A. Kane. The successor to Trustee Kane will be appointed to fill one five (5) year term and be eligible for an additional five (5) year term, as determined by the Court.
The Screening Committee is now seeking active leaders from the community who possess a deep sense of commitment and the ability to ensure Princess Bernice Pauahi Bishop’s vision and legacy are perpetuated into the future.
Candidates must possess demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Business administration
- Finance and investment
- Strategic planning and policy setting
- Areas of interest to Kamehameha Schools including education, law or governance
Candidates should also possess the following:
- A recognized reputation of integrity and good character
- The capacity to fulfill the responsibilities of a fiduciary under trust law
- Respect for and from the community
- Consistent and active leadership in the community with specific emphasis on issues impacting the well-being of the people of Hawai‘i
- History of success in business, finance or related areas
- A formal education
- Outstanding personal traits including Hawaiian values
- Willingness and sincerity to uphold the purposes of the Kamehameha Schools
Each Trustee currently receives compensation up to $165,000 annually. While serving as the Chairperson, one Trustee will earn up to $207,000 annually.
Qualified candidates should submit the following:
- A resume
- A statement containing your perception of the role of a Trustee, your vision, goals and objectives for the Trust Estate and what you would do to attain those goals
Please submit your resume, cover letter and vision statement by December 15, 2020 to:
Trustee Screening Committee
c/o Inkinen Executive Search
Mailing address: 1003 Bishop Street, Suite 1477, Honolulu, Hawai‘i 96813
For information on the screening process, click here.